In addition to designing and planting gardens, Sara is a respected author who writes on subjects ranging from gardening how-tos, plant, garden and gardener profiles and solving design challenges to tool recommendations, book reviews and horticultural information.
She has written for local and national magazines, newsletters and trade publications. For five years, she penned the In The Garden column in Canadian Living magazine and has contributed to Canadian Gardening and Trellis.
Workshops and presentations
Sara is available to give workshops and presentations to your garden club, horticultural society or community group. She can also provide illustrated talks and hands-on demonstrations, nursery tours for groups of neighbours or friends on these topics:
- Creating a Four-Season Garden
- Designing with Ornamental Grasses
- Easy Plants for Difficult Places
- Fall Gardening: Putting the Garden to Bed
- Garden Design: A Fresh Start in Your Garden
- Native and Pollinator Plants for Gardens
- Spring Gardening: Waking up the Garden